Thursday, March 20, 2014

Room without a roof



Hi Guys

Long long time since we connected.

Well blame it on the cultural extravaganza of Indian weddings.. My brother got married recently and this made him a husband and me a so to say wedding planner.  I have a lot to share on that front and I have a plan for that. Soon you will know about it.

But till that time let me continue with my banter and ramblings as they come.

So off late the Happy Song  by Pharrell Williams has been doing rounds in my mind.


Clap along if you feel like a room without a roof
Because I’m happy
Clap along if you feel like happiness is the truth
Because I’m happy
Clap along if you know what happiness is to you
Because I’m happy
Clap along if you feel like that’s what you wanna do


And the first line has just stuck to me... I want to feel like that room without a roof all the time. Seldom do you really come across something..a song, a line, a picture, a story which from the word go becomes yours. Something similar happened with this line too for me. And I am sure it does for a lot of us out there ..all those who want to be that free bird in that room.

A room without a roof for me stands for that unbridled unrestrained flow of life. And I want to live that life and I want that life to exist around me all the time. The people I meet, the people I know and most importantly the people I love .. I want all of them to be in this room without a roof.

Because I feel you exist in your freedom.. you only breathe when the air around you has not been rationed, when the words that you utter do not get filtered by the so called "socially acceptable" funnel.

This room signifies abundance to me ..abundance of everything you want in life. It is those limitless possibilities that make life worth living for and worth dying for too ..right??? That room know no inhibitions, it wont keep you from flying. But still it is a room so it has those walls around that do not hold you back but keep you protected.

I am a simple person and I only know simple ways. For me freedom is not just being let loose, but to be in that space where you have the warmth and protection of love around you and that belief and certainty  that you can fly..fly as high as sky and even beyond .. but still know that you have a home and some people to go back to.

Well these were some of the initial thoughts that came to my mind when I heard this song. Thought of sharing it with all of you. Would love to know what your room without a roof looks like???

Shiva





Also to remind all of you do keep tuned to my blog as yours truly is going to try the impossible... A to Z Challenge. Soon will reveal my theme to all you lovely people.

6 comments:

  1. Wise words, Apoorva. Yes, we need freedom to say what we feel and feel as we choose. How well we choose to do that lies with us :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. How wonderful freedom is! The song is a great example of it and the whole idea of a room without a roof sounds great...well until it rains! LOL

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your post comes at such a right time for me. I have been saying it for a while now that I need to feel what it is like to not have a resp for a week. No tension no work nothing. And I would say my room without a roof would be that..

    Richa

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congratulations on your brother's wedding dear! :) Thanks for sharing this song...such feel-good song! Loved your interpretation of a room without a roof. Happiness, Freedom, to be one with self and to be one with nature...yes that would me my room without a roof!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful...freedom also means protection and security.

    ReplyDelete
  6. www.indiabookstore.net could use some of your happiness right now. Spare a minute? :D

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for dropping by...Your words are my treasure ...