Friday, September 6, 2013

The Golden City of the East


Day 6 *** Location - Imambara Lucknow *** Cameraman - "As always*** 


Shaane Lucknow ….

A city of Nawabs, a city of Kebabs ..a city of culture, a city of mannerisms and demeanor  …a city of sepia tones …a city of smiles …a royal city ... my city …city of Lucknow…


There is a famous adage that goes like this … “Muskariye ki Aap Lucknow Mein Hain” which means smile as you are in Lucknow. And I feel this line defines the city. 

So, here is a sneak peek into 7 must see places in the city, which will tickle you to come here and realize for yourself the charm and the heritage of this place.

Bara Imambara

A tale of architecture ... an artwork of grandeur ... a depiction of royalty

Clock Tower
 For a happy Go Lucky at ease city, this may seem out of place..but they say it has the biggest clock of its times



Chota Imambara
A marble piece



Roomi Darwaza A Gateway to the Kingdom of Rulers

British Residency
Abode to many during the 1857 Mutiny,,still carries the scars of the battle

Bhool Bhullaya

                          A perfect place to be get lost. The maze you would not want to come out of...



Begum Hazrat Mahal Park   
Memoirs of the Lady who fought ... 1857 Mutiny warrior



The Lucknow of today is the blend of old and new, fast and slow, heritage and modernity ... I love the city because it lets you be. It doesn't force you to run and nor hinders your sprint. You can choose your pace and enjoy the choice your way....

At end all I have to say is...

"Kisme hai Dam ki Hamse Chhudhaye Lucknow
Lucknow Ham Par Fida hai ..Ham Fidaye Lucknow"

(Who has the guts to take me out of Lucknow..
I am in love with Lucknow, and Lucknow in Love with me)




Disclaimer - All the pictures except the first and the last, are courtesy Google. 


I am celebrating the Write Tribe Festival of Words and will be posting every day for seven days, starting 1st September. The theme for the Festival of Words is “seven“.  I have decided to post 7 photographs made by me which I hold very close to my heart. 

6 comments:

  1. Awesome historical beauty in Lucknow. I am so in love with the city of tehzeeb:) Thenimages is sheer beauty andvshows its cultural beauty.
    vishalbheeroo.wordpress.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. I loved the last picture of course. All of you looking super cool and well madame apke poses pe toh kya bolun :D

    as for lucknow, its my love and life quite seriously. I can see imambara over and over again!

    Richa

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's a lovely intro to a city that I haven't visited yet but must some day.

    ReplyDelete
  4. It really does look like a place I should visit! Full of history and heritage. Thank you.

    ReplyDelete
  5. You just made me add Lucknow to my list of places to see. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  6. muskura rahe hai hum ki aap lucknow se hain

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for dropping by...Your words are my treasure ...