Thursday, September 5, 2013

Sea to Believe




Day 5 *** Location - Indian Ocean *** Cameraman - "Of course Me"


Being born and brought up in Northern India, growing up on the banks of Ganga and Gomti, I had never imagined the vastness and might of the sea till I put my foot down first time in Mumbai. Like for many, for me too, it was love at first sight.

The sea and its moods, a sight to watch anytime of the day, month or year. Yes, this lady like all others has a mind of her own. Yes I have always imagined the sea as a woman, beautiful and mysterious. So I was telling you that our lady has a mind of her own, nobody tells her what to do and when to do. She can be calm like a bride when she wants to, and ferocious like a lady in action when she needs to.

And we all know about her love story… her eyes are set up above the sky. They say there is a handsome looking someone called Mr Moon.  His love drives her … the swell of her emotions, her desires to meet him make her sometimes rough and other times rougher.

We all have shared a moment with the Sea. Who have not, please get going..this is one thing you must do before you die. SovLet me talk about my seven Sea moments which made me love it more  each time:

  1. The first encounter … I still remember my first Mumbai trip, and the taxi took a left and we were on the marine drive road. The smell of the sea is still so fresh in my mind and I remember in our first meeting, she was calm and quite, as if introspecting.
  2.  The first time I walked on the Juhu Beach barefooted … and the life on the beach made the sea look livelier.  So many kinds of people --- loving the sea and its sight in their own ways ---some jogging, some chatting, some shopping some eating and some just looking into the deep eyes of the sea.
  3.  The first sunset I ran against time and across the sea to catch. …And we almost made it. Please notice the “We” part made it more memorable *Wink*Wink*
  4. My first pat on the back by a high tide at Goa beach, when she and me were in a playful mood.
  5. During all my official trips to Mumbai, and I was lucky to have many, after the dinner, I used to pick up a Naturals ice-cream (Mostly anjeer or cheeku) and sat on the marine drive. Relishing the ice-cream and talking to myself. The only company allowed was the soft sound on the shore.
  6. The lighthouse moment at Vizag, when me and my bestie, Vidula, got so engrossed in our chit chat that we didn’t even realize when we got locked. And the only witness to our being locked was the unending and beautiful sea in front of us.
  7.  The last moment has been freezed in time…This is the one in picture with my shoes and bag. It is beautiful and precious for me. This was the last time I was near a sea and was “myself”


Now I am in Indonesia, and I look forward to another soulful encounter with her. As I told you, you have to Sea to Believe.


Shiva

I am celebrating the Write Tribe Festival of Wordsand will be posting every day for seven days, starting 1st September. The theme for the Festival of Words is “seven“.  I have decided to post 7 photographs made by me which I hold very close to my heart. 








13 comments:

  1. That's such a nice picture....the one with the shoes and the bag.

    I love the sea as much and whenever i go towards South Mumbai, I mind myself towards the sea.

    Thanks :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Kajal... The queen's necklace..need to take that picture one day

      Delete
  2. Am literally hooting at thos epics! N heyyy I lub ur shoes

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I lubbb them tooooooo...and the wat makes them even better is that I got them at 50% discount

      Delete
  3. The sea is the most fascinating of sights. Endlessly changing, eternally the same

    ReplyDelete
  4. 1-5, my encounter with sea is similar and I still look forward to my trips to Mumbai

    ReplyDelete
  5. Breath-taking pics and Mumbai does that to us. Wow! U having the bestest of time and seas are fascinating. Right now, living in Mauritius and go to beach once in a while:)
    www.vishalbheeroo.wordpress.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Wow Mauritius!!! One of my must visit destination.. and Mumbai is magical and it would not be so without the sea by its side

      Delete
  6. I've always lived by the sea. I can't imagine not living near the sea. So peaceful to sit by the shores and watch the tides.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. lucky you Suzy!!! Its so true...you are so much at peace sitting next to the sea

      Delete
  7. anjeer cheeku and sea
    makes me go wea..............k

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for dropping by...Your words are my treasure ...